Unsure on how to begin to implement a loyalty platform for your customers? Utilize our checklist to get started.
- Start with the end in mind. Before you begin the program, take a step back and decide what you want to get out of your customer loyalty program. Make these goals as specific and as measurable as possible and with a timeline. A timeline will help you track your progress.
- Decide who is eligible for the program. Having a targeted loyalty group will allow you to reward ideal buying behavior and drive more of it.
- Automate the platform where you can. The more automated your program is, the easier it will be to manage and maintain.
- Utilize touchpoints. Staying in touch via email is one of the easiest and most effective ways to kick off a digital loyalty campaign. Start simple by creating a steady stream of communication around your loyalty program.
- Keep your customers engaged. Target your communication to your customers’ interests and preferences. For example, if you have 15 customers buy yellow rain boots, you can engage with these customers by sending each an email with information about a complementary yellow umbrella. Customer-relationship management software, email and automation provide information about your customer base that can be leveraged to create personalized communications and increased sales.
- Utilize social media channels. Utilize them to engage with existing customers on a regular basis, and stay relevant.