What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a mid-level, client-facing Digital Project Manager with digital project execution experience, including leading and running multiple client initiatives. An ideal candidate will have experience in large-scale, complex technology initiatives, including global and multiple language executions. Must have experience managing internal team resources in project execution in addition to leading communications with the client while overseeing the work to ensure quality services. Must have a proven record of exceeding internal team and client expectations, delivering on time and within budget. Communication, organization and project management abilities are prerequisites for consideration. Digital Project Manager candidates should be able to lead and grow client business through stellar service, with minimal direct manager oversight. Digital agency experience is a plus.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations and business and/or functional requirements.
- Collaborates with the project team to identify the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
- Works with client team or discipline leads to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, development using established estimating process and tools.
2. Project Execution
- Coordinates all activates of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick- offs, internal client status etc.) communicating action steps to team, and delivery of weekly status reports.
- Develops, maintains and disseminates all project documentation (SOWs, Addendums/Change Orders, MSAs, etc), requirements (business/functional), status reports, project schedules, budgets, QA/test plans, and post mortem reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved by appropriate team members and management.
- Communicate with vendor/third parties as needed during the course of projects (i.e. technology providers, SMS, video services, translations, etc.)
3. Monitoring, Scheduling, Financials & Risk Management
- Manages and controls project scope and ensures projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks, and working with appropriate teams and management to develop remediation.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, leading estimates, production budget recaps and delivering to the Client Services team for overall budget management.
4. Resource Management
- Works with technology and creative resource management to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
- Teams with management to adjust staffing needs efficiently based on project changes and shifting priorities.
- Work directly with the Client Services lead to forecast resource needs for current clients and upcoming new business.
- Manages all projects in Company Project Management System (Mavenlink) and Ticketing Systems (JIRA).
5. Deliverable Quality
- Collaborates on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality, and timeliness.
6. Client Communication
- The Digital Project Manager will often act as the lead client point-of-contact for both day-to-day projects related issues as well as management of the overall client relationship.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, where appropriate and works with Account Managers to identify growth opportunities.
- Follows standard policies and procedures and ensures Project Management team is equipped with the tools necessary to deliver quality projects and high levels of services.
- Works with internal teams to identify areas of opportunity for internal process improvement and how to enhance workflow efficiency for the company.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of experience managing digital technology projects, preferably in a consulting, professional services or digital agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree required. PMP or other project management certification preferred.
- Competent knowledge of one or more of the following: digital strategy, software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components.
- Competent understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Experience working with global teams in a client-facing role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask across multiple projects.
- Positive, team-player attitude.
- Exhibits strong listening skills and the ability to tactfully communicate position on relevant issues to reach team consensus.
- This is a fulltime position that reports to Client Services Department and will be located in Atlanta, Georgia. 10-15% travel may be required occasionally.
- Salary based on experience and skill set. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, insurance, STD, LTD, 401k and vacation.
- Individuals only. Resumes from recruiters, freelancers or subcontractors will not be considered for this position.